Potato in Poppy Seed Paste – Aloo Posto
This is an easy and traditional Bengali recipe Alu Posto or Potato with Poppy Seed . It goes well with plain rice and dal during lunch.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 3 Potatoes cut into half inch blocks
- 4and Half tbsp Posto
- 1 tsp Onion Seeds
- 5 Green Chillies finely chopped
- Half tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First make a paste of poppy seeds and few green chillies and little bit of water.
- Heat mustard oil. When oil is hot add onion seeds to sputter in oil. Now add the potatoes and fry for about 5-7 mins until it is half cooked.
- Now add the poppy seed paste and green chillies. Mix it well and fry it for 2 more mins.
- Add half a glass of water and then add turmeric powder, salt and sugar as per taste and mix it well and then add a glass of water. Cover the lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins on medium heat.
- Remove it when done.
Enjoy Alu Posto or Potato with Poppy Seed paste with hot steamed rice. It took me about half and hour to prepare this dish and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel