This is usually eaten as a traditional Bengali Lunch. I rarely made this but still enjoy as a once in while specialty dish. So whenever I bring Radish I make sure to get fresh looking green and use to make this dish. It is a tasty as well as quick and easy recipe and served with hot rice.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Radish leaves or greens
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Radish chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- Half a tsp of Onion Seeds
- Half a tsp of Mustard Seeds (Optional)
- 1 Dried Red Chilly
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan . When oil is hot then add onion seeds, mustard seeds and dried red chilly as a phoron.
- Then add chopped onion and chopped radish. Saute it for 2-3 mins.
- When Radish is soft add the green chillies and stir it.
- Add the greens and mix it well. After about 5 mins greens will become tender. Then add salt and a pinch of sugar as per taste.
Mix it well and then reduce the heat and cover the lid and cook it for 5-7 mins.
- Remove from the flame when done.
Enjoy Radish green fry or Mulo shaak bhaja with white steamed rice. It took me about ½ an hour to prepare this dish and serves 2-3 people.