Green Amaranth Fry – Note Shak Bhaja
Note shaak or Green Amaranth stir fry is a quick and easy recipe which goes well with steamed rice and it is always served towards the start of the meal.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking time:30 mins
- 1 Bunch about 2 lbs Note Shaak or Green Amaranth
- Few Peanuts
- Few Dal Vadi
- 4 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Dried Red Chilly
- 1 tsp Chilly Flakes
- White Oil and
- Salt to taste
- First pluck the good leaves from the bunch and then finely chopped the leaves into small pieces.
- Heat white oil in a pan and then lightly fry the dal vadi then add the roasted peanut and fry it for a min. Remove it when done
- Now add dried red chilly and chopped garlic to temper in oil. Stir it for couple of mins on low heat.
- Now add the chooped shak and on medium heat. Cover the lid and cook for 5 mins
- Then add salt, and then peanut and dal vadi. Mix it well and let it cook for about 2-3 mins on med heat.
Enjoy this dish with hot steamed rice. It took me about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people .
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel