Rui Macher Plain Jhol – Rohu Fish Curry With Vegetables
Rohu fish is a most common everyday fish for Bengalis. This dish is spicy, tasty and easy to cook .
Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 4 pieces of Rohu Fish
- 1 Potato cut into blocks
- 1 Eggplant cut into 1” pieces
- Quarter of a Cauliflower
- Few Green Chillies slit
- 1” long Ginger
- Few fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First sprinkle little bit of turmeric powder and salt and evenly rub on the fish. Heat mustard oil and lightly fry the fish. Remove it when done.
- Now fry the potatoes and cauliflower. Remove it when done.
- Again add some oil and fry the eggplant. Remove it when done.
- Add some oil and then add whole cumin seeds and green chillies to temper in oil. After a minute add ginger paste and saute it for few more mins.
- Now add the fried potatoes and cauliflower and mix it well. Add all the spices: Cumin powder and Coriander powder. Then add little bit of water to prevent it form burning.
- Now add a glass of water for gravy. Then add turmeric powder and then add salt and sugar. Put the lid on and bring this to a nice boil.
- When it starts boiling add the fried fish, eggplant and silt green chillies. Cover the lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins.
- Lastly add fresh coriander leaves and remove it from flame.
Enjoy Rohu fish plain curry with hot steamed rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this curry and serves 3-4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel