Rohu Fish Spicy Curry – Rui Macher Kalia
Rohu fish is a more common everyday fish for Bengalis. This dish is spicy, tasty and easy to cook .
Serving Size: 2 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 4 slices of Rohu fish
- 1 Onion cut into thin slices
- 1 Tomato cut into small pieces
- 3 Green chillies slit
- 1” of Ginger
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Dried Red Chilly
- 1 tsp of whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Few curry leaves
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First make a paste of ginger garlic and few green chillies. Then sprinkle salt and turmeric powder on the fish and mix it evenly.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and then shallow fish the fish on medium heat. Remove it when fried.
- Then add cumin seeds and dried red chilly to sputter in oil..
- Add chopped onion and stir it well and fry it until it is light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix it well. Smash the tomatoes and cover the lid and after some time add little bit of water.
- Now add all the spices : coriander powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and mix well.
- Add hot water and boil it. Add salt and sugar as per your taste. Then add the fried fish, green chilly and curry leaves and mix well. Take it out of the flame when done.
Enjoy Rui Macher Kalia with white rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel