It’s a popular fish recipe with Pabda fish. Pabda fish is a very soft and delicate fish. This fish is quite tasty to eat and easy to prepare.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 250 gms of Pabda fish
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1” long Ginger paste
- 4 cloves of Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Paste of 5 Green chillies
- Few Coriander leaves for garnising
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- Mustard oil
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- First season the fish with salt and turmeric powder. Now heat mustard oil then lightly fry the fish. Remove it when done.
- Now add cumin seeds to sputter in oil. Then add finely chopped onion. Stir it and fry it until it is golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste.Stir it well until the raw flavor is gone.
- After 2-3 mins add chopped tomatoes.
- Add all the spices: turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, kashmiri red chilly powder and stir well. Add a little bit of water and stir well. Now add the green chilly paste.
- When oil starts separating from the spices add a glass of water and mix it well and bring this mixture to a nice boil. Add salt and sugar as per taste.
- When it starts boiling add the fried fish. Cover the lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins. The gravy would be little bit thicker and lastly garnish with coriander leaves.
Enjoy Tel Jhal Pabda fish with hot steamed rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.