METHI RUI – Rohu Fish in Creamy Fenugreek Flavour Sauce
It’s a creamy preparation made with milk and fenugreek seed.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 6 pieces of Rohu Fish
- 1 tsp Methi Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Dried Red Chilly
- Paste of 4 Green Chillies
- 1 cup of Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First sprinkle little bit of salt and turmeric powder on the fish.
- Add mustard oil in a pan and then lightly fry the fish and keep it aside.
- Then add dried red chilly, mustard seeds, and methi to crackle in oil.
- Then mix the milk and cornflour thoroughly. Then add the mixture on the pan.
- Then add turmeric powder and green chilly paste on low heat.
- Then add water for gravy and bring to a nice boil. Add salt and sugar as per taste and mix it well.
- Then add the fish and cover the lid and cook it for 5-6 mins.
- Take it out of flame when done.
Enjoy Methi Rui with hot rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this dish and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel