This is an interesting and delicious Lobster recipe. I was always having steamed lobster and I wanted to make lobster in some different Indian way. It’s an amazing tasty preparation.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1 Medium size Lobster
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- Few slited Green Chillies
- 2 “long Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Half a cup of Coconut Milk
- 1”Butter cubes
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First cut and clean the lobster and make some cracks so that spices will go inside while cooking.
- Heat mustard oil in a skillet and lightly fry the lobster. Add turmeric powder and salt. Then remove it.
- Then add chopped onion and fry it for couple of mins until it is translucent and also add couple of slit green chillies.
- Now add ginger paste and saute it for about couple of mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir it occasionally and let the tomato become soft.
- Now add all the spices : cumin powder, kashmiri red chilly powder, and turmeric powder and mix it well. Add half a glass of water to avoid the spices from burning and make a smooth paste. Add salt and sugar as per taste.
- Add fried lobster after couple of mins. Then add a glass of water and some slited green chillies.
- At this point add the coconut milk and mix it evenly. Cover the lid and on a medium heat cook it for about 5 mins.
- Lastly add garam masala powder and butter and mix it well and then cover the lid.
Enjoy Lobster Curry with steamed white rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.