Hilsha Fish Curry With Vegetables – Ilish Macher Plain Jhol
Hilsa fish pain curry or jhol is one of my favorite dish. It tastes wonderful and easy to prepare with vegetables. It is generally served with white rice .
Serving Size: 2 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 4 pieces of Hilsa cut and cleaned
- 1 Potato cut into lengthwise
- 1 Eggplant cut into 1” pieces
- Few Green Chillies slit
- 1 tsp Black Cumin or Kalo Jeera
- 1tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- First sprinkle little bit of salt and turmeric powder to season the fish. Mix it to even coating.
- Heat mustard oil and then lightly fry the fish. Keep it aside when done.
- Use the leftover oil to fry the potatoes. When potatoes are half fried add the eggplant and fry it until it is tender. Remove eggplant and potatoes when done.
- Add little more mustard oil and then temper with black cumin seeds and few green chillies. Add the fried eggplant and potatoes.
- Mix it well and then add the cumin powder and turmeric powder and fry it for a min on medium heat. Add a glass of water and then salt to taste. Put the lid on and bring the mixture to a nice boil.
- Add the fried fish when the mixture starts boiling.
- Lastly garnish with fresh green chillies.
Hilsa fish plain curry is now done. It took me about 30 mins to prepare this dish and serves 2 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel