Doi Rui – Doi Maach – Fish in Yogurt Sauce
This is a yogurt based dish with a little bit of sweetness to it. It’s a delicacy on special occasions. Its very simple and easy dish.
Serving Size: 4 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 4 pieces of Kata Rui or Rohu Fish
- Whole Garam Masala
- 1 Dried Red Chilly
- 1 Bayleaf
- Paste of 1 Onion
- 2” long Ginger paste
- 1 cup Beaten Yogurt
- Green Chilly paste
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Sprinkle little bit of salt on the fish and mix it evenly.
- Heat mustard oil and fry the fish for 2-3 mins each side. Remove it when done.
- Add bay leaf, dried red chilly and whole garam masala to sputter in oil.
- Add onion paste. Fry the onion until it is light brown.
- Now add ginger paste and fry it until the raw flavor is gone.
- Add green chilly paste and beaten yogurt. Add a glass of water for gravy and salt and sugar as per taste.
- Add the fried fish when the spice mixture starts boiling. Cover the lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins.
- Take it out of the flame when done.
Enjoy it with white rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel