Boal Macher Jhal – Wallago Fish Curry
Boal Fish is a kind of catfish. It has no scales and very less bones. It is oily and fatty fish. This fish curry goes well with rice.
Serving Suggestion: 2-3 people
Cooking Time : 30 mins
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1” long Ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Half a cup of Beaten Yogurt
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 500 gm Boal Fish
- White oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Sprinkle little bit of salt and turmeric powder on the fish and mix it evenly. Heat white oil in a pan and fry the fish.
- Add cumin seeds to crackle in oil and then add onion. When Onion is translucent, add ginger and garlic. Fry it until it is light brown.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes. Crush the tomatoes and mix well.
- Add all the spices : cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder.
- Add little water and mix with the spices. Add green chillies and beaten curd.
- Add salt and sugar as per your taste. Add a glass of water and mix with the spices.
- When water starts boiling add the fried fish. Cover the lid and let it cook for 5-7 mins.
- This is a dry preparation. Lastly add the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala powder and cover the lid.
Boal fish curry is now ready to be served with white rice. It took about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel