Teasel Gourd Curry – Kakroll Torkari
Kakroll or Teasel gourd curry has an unique taste to it that you’ll love. its a simple and tasty dish which goes well with rice.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 250 gms of Karoll or Teasel gourd
- 2 tbsp Posto or Poppy Seeds
- Fresh Shredded Coconut
- Few Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kalo jeera or Onion seeds
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
First make a paste of poppy seeds, coconut, few green chillies and also little bit of water.
Heat mustard oil and then add onion seeds to temper in oil. Now add the kakroll and stir it occasionally and fry it until it is light brown.
3. Then add poppy seeds paste and green chillies and stir it well.
4. Add salt and sugar as per taste. Fry it for couple of minutes until it is dried.
5. Then add little bit of water and its done.
Enjoy Teasel Gourd curry with hot steamed rice or as a side with Dal. It took me about 30 minutes to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel