Pointed Gourd or Parwal with Shrimp – POTOL PRAWN
Potol with Prawn or Chingri curry is a traditional common dish and its simple and easy to make.
Serving Size: 3-4 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 500 gm Potol or Pointed Gourd
- 1 Potato cut into cubes
- 200 gm Raw Shrimp peeled
- 1 Tomato chopped
- Few Green Chillies
- 1 “long Ginger
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Whole Cumin Seeds
- Half a tsp of Hing
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First heat mustard oil and then lightly fry the shrimp and sprinkle little bit of salt. Remove it when done.
- Add more oil to fry the potatoes and pointed gourd. Now add little bit of salt and turmeric powder and fry it for about 4-5 mins. Remove them when done.
- Add bay leaf and whole cumin seeds, green chillies and hing to temper in oil.
- Now add ginger paste and saute it for couple of mins and fry it until it is light brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fry it until it is tender.
- Now add all the spices: cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilly powder and add salt as per taste. Then add half a glass of water to avoid spices from burning.
- Add sugar as well and simmer it for couple of mins.
- Now add the potatotes and pointed gourd. Mix it nicely with the spices. Then add glass of warm water and then cover the lid and cook it for 5-7 mins on medium heat.
- Now add the shrimp and cook it for 2 mins.
- Lastly add slited green chillies, garam masala powder and ghee. Mix it well and cover the lid.
Enjoy this mouth watering dish with hot steamed rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3-4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel