Omelette Curry – Spicy Curried Egg Omlette
This mouth watering dish is favorite of all those who love eggs. It goes well with hot steamed white rice.
Serving Size: 3-4 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
For making the Omelette :
- 4 Eggs
- Chopped Onion
- Green Chillies
For Making the Curry:
- Bay leaf
- Cumin Seeds
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Green Chillies
- Ginger Paste
- Garlic Paste
- Cumin Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilly Powder
- Garam Masala Powder
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- First break the eggs and then add half a tsp of salt, few onion and few green chillies and then beat it well. Now in a heated tawa add mustard oil and then the beaten eggs.
- On low heat, cook it for couple of mins and then fold it and cut it into three pieces. Take it out.
- Now for the curry : Add mustard oil and then add the potatoes when oil is hot. Add little bit of salt and remove the potatoes when done.
- Now add cumin seeds and bay leaf to sputter in oil.
- Now add the chopped onion. When onion is light brown then add ginger paste, garlic paste, and green chillies. Mix it well.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook it until it is soft and tender.
- Now add all the spices : cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chilly powder and then add little bit of water to avoid spices from burning.
- Add two glasses of water and then add the potatoes, salt and sugar as per taste.
- Cover the lid and cook it for about 5 mins. Potatoes are now well cooked and then add the omlette.
- Turn off the heat and lastly add garam masala powder.Garnish with few coriander leaves.
Enjoy this recipe with hot steamed rice and also with roti as well. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3-4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel