Aam Shol – Murrel Fish In Green Mango Sauce
Aam Shol or Murrel fish with green Mango is an authentic traditional Bengali fish recipe.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Medium Size Shol Or Murrel Fish
- 1 Small Green Mango Paste
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard Seeds Paste
- 2 “long Ginger Paste
- Paste of 4 Green Chillies
- Half a tsp of Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Aamchur Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4-5 Green Chillies Slit
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First season the fish with salt and turmeric powder. Heat mustard oil and then lightly fry the fish. Remove the fish when fried.
Then add black mustard seeds and few green chillies as a phoron. Add ginger paste and saute it for few minutes.
Now add all the paste: mango paste, mustard seeds paste, and green chillies paste and then mix it well. Then cook it for 2-3 mins.
Now add turmeric powder and aamchur or mango powder and cook it for 2 more mins. Add a glass of water and mix it well. Then add salt and sugar as per taste.
When it starts to boil, add the fried fish and then cover the lid and cook it for about 5-7 mins.
Aam Shol Curry is now done and lastly garnish with green chillies.
Enjoy Aam Shol with hot steamed white rice. It took me about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel