Jolpai is nothing but Indian Olive. For this recipe, make sure you get Indian Olive and not another type of Olives which is typically bitter in taste. Jalpai Chutney is a mouthwatering sweet dish. This is a thick chutney served after the meal.
Serving suggestion: 3-4 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 250 gms of Jolpai or Green Olives
- Half a cup of grated Coconut
- Few Raisins
- Half Dried Red Chilly
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First boil the olives for about 2 whistles in pressure cooker. Add two glasses of water. Take out the olives and bring it to room temperature. Lightly smash the olives.
- Heat mustard oil then add dried red chilli, fennel seeds and mustard seeds to sputter in oil.
- Now add the smashed olives and cook it for a couple of mins. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add the water from the boiled Jolpai. Add sugar.
- Now add soaked raisin and grated coconut.
- Cook it for 5 more mins on medium heat. Remove from flame when done.
Serve it in room temperature. This chutney is served after the meal and it can also be enjoyed with masala pappad. It took about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3-4 people.