Tengra Macher Jhol – Tengra Fish Curry
Tangra fish is a fresh water fish. It is most common and simple dish of Tengra Fish in Bengal. Typically, live small or medium size fish is used for this recipe.
Servings : 4
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 500 gms live Tengra Fish
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Potato
- 1 Green Onion or Scallion
- Few Coriander leaves
- 3 Green chili slit
- 1″ long Ginger
- 1 tsp Kalo Jeera
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder. Heat mustard oil and shallow fry the fish. Keep it aside when the fish is fried.
- Add little more mustard oil and fry the potatoes in a medium heat.
- After 2 mins add the eggplant. Stir well and cover the lid. After 5-7 mins take it out fried potatoes and brinjal.
- Again add little more mustard oil then add kalo jeera and green chilly as a phoron then add ginger paste and stir well
- Add the green onion and lightly fry it .
- Then add cumin and coriander turmeric powder now add a little bit of water
- Add salt and sugar and water as required to boil.
- Add the fried fish and vegetables. Stir it and cover the lead in a medium heat for about 7-8 mins
- Add the slit green chillies.
- Lastly add the coriander leaves and stir it.
Tangra Macher plain jhol is now ready to be served with white rice. It took about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serve 3-4 people
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel