Shor Punti Sorshe Jhol – Olive Barb Fish Curry
Shor Punti / Sor Puti or Olive Barb is not the typical small Punti Fish that we all know, this is known as Shor Punti which is 4″ to 6″ in size. I will be making this fish with mustard paste.
Servings : 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 500 gms ShorPunti Fish
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 tbsp Yellow & Black Mustard Seeds paste
- 3 Green Chillies Slit
- 4 Green Chillies paste
- 1 tsp Black Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Half a Cup of Beaten Curd
- Few Coriander Leaves
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First sprinkle a little bit of salt and turmeric powder on the fish.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add the fish when smoke comes out of the oil. Fry the fish and take it out of the pan when done.
- In a same pan fry the Brinjal. Keep it aside when done.
- Add little more mustard oil . Then add Kalo jeera as a phoron.
- Reduce the heat and then add the mustard paste and green chili paste and cook it for a min.
- Add the beaten curd and mix it well. Add half a glass of water into the mixture.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add some more water and then add fried fish and fried eggplant.
- Cover the lid. Cook fish for 7-8 min.
- Lastly add green chilies and coriander leaves.
Shor Punti Sorshe Jhol is now done. Serve it with white rice . It took about 45 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel