Pomfret Macher Jhol – Pomfret Fish Curry
Pomfret fish is a tasty sea fish. This fish has softer and fewer bones. It’s a very easy and spicy fish recipe. Simply amazing and tastes best with white rice.
Servings : 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 medium size or 500 gms Promfret fish cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds 1 tsp White Mustard seeds.
- 1 tsp Black Cumin
- Few Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Green chillies
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First marinate the Promfret fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and then lightly fry the Promfret fish. Take it out of the pan when fried.
- Add some more mustard oil and then add kalo jeera to sputter in oil.
- Then add the fried fish.
- Add the mustard paste and a little bit of water and mix it well.
- Add turmeric powder and then add water as required for the curry.
- Add salt as per your taste and bring the mixture to boil. Cook fish for 5 mins.
- Lastly add green chillies mustard oil and coriander leaves and cover the lid.
Promfret macher jhol is now done. Serve it with white rice . It took about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel