Onion With Poppy Seed Paste – ONION POSTO
It is a quick and really easy to make and tasty too. Onion Posto goes well with rice.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 3 Medium size Onion chopped
- 3 tbsp of Poppy Seeds soaked into water for half an hr
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 5 Green Chillies finely chopped
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First make the paste of poppy seeds and few green chillies.
- Heat mustard oil and then fry the onion. Saute the onion for about 5-7 mins.
- When onions turn light brown, add green chillies and turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Now add poppy seed paste, salt and sugar as per taste. Mix it well.
- Stir it occasionally and add little bit of water.
- After 5 mins Onion Posto will be done.
Enjoy Piyaj Posto or Onion with poppy seeds with hot steamed rice. It took me about half an hour to prepare this dish and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel