Methi Saag Bhaja – Fenugreek Leaves Fry
This is a non spicy vegetable dish. Methi Saag is good for health as well as it gives lot of nutrients. It is a quick recipe which goes well with rice or roti.
Servings : 2
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 2 Bunches Methi Saag or Fenugreek Greens
- 1 Eggplant cut into small pieces
- 3 Cloves of garlic minced
- 1 dried red chilly
- Few Dal bari
- 1 tsp Kalo Jeera
- Mustard oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Cut the methi saag 3-4 inches from the top where the stems are typically soft. Then pluck the leaves from rest of the stems. Put the leaves in a stainer and wash it thoroughly.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the dal bari until it is light brown. when done keep it aside.
- Now add the eggplant fry them unti they are light brown keep it aside when done.
- Lower the heat and then add mustard oil then add kalo jeera and dried red chilly tocrackle in oil. Make sure you break the red chilly otherwise it might burst.
- Add minced garlic and fry untill light brown.
- Now add the methi saag and fry them in low heat for about 4-5 mins until it is completely shrink. Cover the lid if required.
- Add fried eggplant and bari and mix well.
- Lastly add salt and pinch of sugar.
- Make sure that methi saag is not too dry so sprinkle with water and cover the lid and cook t in low heat for 2-3 mins.
Methi Shak Bhaja is now ready to be served with white rice or roti. It took about 25 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel