Loita Fish Curry – Bombay Duck Fry
Loita fish also called Bombil or Bombay duck. This fish is often dried and salted. This fish has a soft chewable bones. It is a hot and spicy dry dish.
Servings: 3-4 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 500 gm Loita Fish
- 1 onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1″ long Ginger
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- Few Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First add salt and turmeric powder on the fish. Mix it evenly.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. This fish is very soft and delicate so gently fry the fish. After 7-8 mins take the fish out.
- Add little more mustard oil. Add onion and ginger and garlic.
- After 5 mins add the tomatoes. Add a little water and then smashed the tomatoes.
- Add the jeera powder, turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Mix well
- Add water and then salt and sugar.
- Now add the fried fish and chopped green chillies. Slightly break the fish. Mix it well. It is a dry preparation.
- Lastly add the coriander leaves. Mix well and It is done.
Loita Fish Curry is now ready to be served with white rice. It took about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3- 4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel