Lau Chingri – Bottle Gourd With Shrimp
Lau Chingri is a hot favourite dish in Bengal. It’s a combination of Bottle Gourd bori and shrimp.
Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 45 Mins
- Lau Bottle Gourd or Lauki finely grated – 1 medium size (about 750 grams)
- 100 gms small or medium raw shrimp
- 1 small tomato cut into small pieces
- 4 to 5 bori
- 2 green chilly
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin/Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Oil
- Boil the grated lau for about 10 mins . Don’t add too much water bottle gourd itself will release a lot of water.
- Fry the shrimps for 2 mins in a medium heat and keep aside.
- Now fry the Bori untill it is a nice warm rich brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add cumin seeds and green chilly.
- When cumin seed sputter add the boiled lau.
- Stir well until it is tender.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Add turmeric and salt.
- Now crumble the fried bori on top.
- Add cumin and coriander powder and mix well.
- Lastly add fried shrimp.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 4 more minutes.
- Take it out of flame when done.
Serve Lau Chingri with steamed white rice. It takes about 45 mins to prepare and serves 4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel