Kajuli fish is a fresh water fish. It has a very good taste and it is a traditional recipe. It’s very simple recipe used for cooking mainly small fish.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 250 gms Kajoli Fish
- 1 tsp White and Black Mustard seeds paste
- 1 Eggplant
- 6 Green Chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp Kalo Jeera or Black Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Few Coriander Leaves
- Mustard Oil
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- First make a paste of mustard seeds and green chillies.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder on the fish. Heat Mustard oil and light fry the fish. When fish is fried take it out.
- Add a little more oil and fry the Brinjal. Keep it aside when done.
- Add little more oil and fry Kalo jeera and green chilly.
- Then add Mustard paste and water. Now add salt, turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Add fried fish and Brinjal into the boiling water. Stir well and cover the lid and cook it for 5-6 mins on a medium heat.
- Lastly add fresh coriander leaves.
Serve Kajoli Fish Curry with white rice. It takes about 30 mins to prepare and serves 2-3 people.