Jhinge Posto – Ridge Gourd In Poppy Seed Paste
Those who love posto will love to have this recipe. Jhinge or Ridged Gourd is very simple and easy to cook. This is the most common Bengali Jhenge recipe. It is mostly prepared during summer time.
Cooking Time: 30
Serving : 2-3
- 500 gm tender Jhinge or Ridged Gourd.
- 1 potato cut into small blocks
- 3 tbsp Posto or Poppy Seed
- Few slices of Coconut
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green chilly
- Mustard oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Cut Ridged gourd into small pieces.
- Soak poppy seeds in water for 1 hour and grind it with coconut and green chilies. Grind it really well so that small poppy seeds will form a smooth paste.
- Now heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the potatoes. When done keep it aside.
- In the same pan add the Jhinge and fry it for about 5 mins on a medium heat.
- Add the fried potatoes, turmeric powder, and salt and mix well
- Lower the heat and add posto and coconut paste.
- Stir well and cook it for 5 mins on low heat. Jhinge itself will release lots of water but in case if it gets too dry add water as required.
- Take it out of the flame when done.
Enjoy Jhinge Posto with white rice. It took about 30 mins and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel