Hilsa Fish Head with Taro Stem / Arbi – KACHU ILISH
Hilsa Fish Head with Taro Stem dish is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy. It goes well with hot rice especially during lunch time.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- Kachu / Taro Stem
- Hilsa Fish Head
- Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Shredded Coconut
- Paste of Green Chillies
- Chick Peas
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First cut the Taro stem but make sure use mustard oil on palms to prevent from itching. Then take out the skin of the Taro stem and chop it into 1”blocks. Keep it in a bowl with water.
- Now in a pressure cooker boil the taro stem for about 1-2 whittles. When done and drain out the water completely.
- Then season the fish head with salt and turmeric powder. Then add mustard oil and fry the fish head. Remove it when done.
- Now add the taro stem and saute it in low heat for about 2-3 mins.
- When Taro is reduced add the shredded coconut, green chillies, chick peas, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and then mix it well.
- Now add salt and sugar and mix it well.
- Add hilsa fish head and cover the lid and cook it for about 2-3 mins.
- Take it out of flame when Hilsa Fish Head with Taro Stem is cooked.
Enjoy Kachu Ilish with hot steamed rice for lunch. It took me about 50 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2-3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel