Fulkopi-r Roast – Cauliflower Roast
Fulkopi or Cauliflower Roast is specially prepared during occasion time. It is a spicy recipe which goes well with Polao, white rice or Paratha as well.
Serving Size: 3-4 people
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1 Cauliflower cut into medium size pieces
- 50 gms of Green Peas
- 2 Onion Paste
- 2” Long Ginger Paste
- 6 Green Chillies Paste
- 15 Cashew Nuts Paste
- 50 gms Beaten Curd
- Coconut Milk
- Whole Garam Masala
- 1 Bayleaf
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- White Oil
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- First steam the cauliflower in microwave for about 4-5 mins.
- Then add white oil in a pan. Lightly fry the cauliflower. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and cover the lid and cook it for about 2-3 mins. Keep it aside when done.
- Add little more oil onto the pan. Add bay leaf and whole Garam Masala to sputter in oil.
- Now add the onion paste. Add the ginger paste when the onion is golden brown.
- Add the beaten curd when the raw flavor of ginger is gone. Reduce the heat and mix it well.
- Add the green chili paste.
- After 2-3 mins now add salt and sugar. Add the cashew paste and then add coconut milk.
- Add a glass of water when the mixture is dry. Cook it for about 5 mins until it is boiled.
- Add fried cauliflower. Add green peas and mix well. Cover the lid and cook it for about 5 mins on low heat.
- It’s now done. Lastly add Ghee or clarified butter and cover the lid.
Serve Fulkopi-r Roast with white rice, Poloa or Paratha. It takes about 45 mins to prepare and serves 3-4 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel