Badhakopier Torkari / Ghonto – CABBAGE CURRY
Cabbage Curry is called Badhakopir ghonto or Torkari in Bengal. It goes well with rice during lunch time.
Serving Size: 4-5 people
Cooking Time:40 mins
- 1 Cabbage cut into thin slices
- 1 Potato cut into blocks
- Green Peas
- Ginger Paste
- Green Chillies Paste
- Bay leaf
- Cumin Seeds
- Cumin Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Garam Masala Powder
- First boil the cabbage in a pressure cooker with 2 glasses of water and little bit of salt. Coo it for about 1 whistle. Drain out the water and keep it aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai and then fry the potatoes with salt. Remove it when done.
- Then add bay leaf and cumin seeds to sputter in oil.
- Now add ginger paste and stir it until the raw flavor of ginger is gone.
- Then add tomatoes and cook it until it is soft and tender.
- Now add all the spices: cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and green chillies paste. Mix it well. Then add little bit of water, salt and sugar as per taste.
- Now add the fried potatoes and green peas. Cook it for about 2- 3 mins on medium heat.
- Then add the boiled cabbage. Mix it well. Then add 1 cup of water. Cover the lid and cook it for 3-4 mins.
- It’s now cooked and lastly add garam masala powder and ghee. Mix it and cover the lid.
Enjoy this recipe with hot steamed rice. It took about 40 mins to prepare this recipe and it’ll serve about 4-5 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel