Pomfret is one of my most favorite sea fish. I like it for its tastes and soft bones. It`s a simple, easy and tasty recipe which can be enjoyed as an appetizer.
Serving Size: 3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Small size Pomfret fish
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- White oil and
- Salt to taste
- Make few diagonal slits on the fish. Do it both sides of the fish.
- Now mix all the spices turmeric powder,red chilli powder, lemon juice, cornflour and salt. Mix together and make a thick paste . Add water if required. Add salt as per taste. Marinate the fish with this paste.
- Make even coating on both sides of the fish. Now keep it in the refrigerator for about half an hour
- Add white oil. When oil is hot, change the heat to medium and fry the fish. Cover the lid and fry it for about 5-7 mins
- Now turn the fish on the other side and continue frying it for about 5-7 mins more. Remove it when golden brown
Pomfret fish fry is now ready. Enjoy it as an appetizer with raw onion. It took me about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3 people.