Pomfret Fish Fry With Spices
It’s one of my most favorite sea fish. I like it for its tastes and soft bones. It`s a simple, easy and tasty recipe which can be enjoyed as an appetizer and it also goes well with rice and dal.
Serving Size: 3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Small size Promfret fish
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- White oil and Salt to taste
- Make a few diagonal slits on the fish on both sides of the fish.
- Now mix all the spices : Turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, cornflour and salt. Mix together and make a thick paste. Add water if required.
- Make even coating on both sides of the fish. Marinate the fish with this paste. Keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 min.
- Add white oil. When smoke comes out of the oil change the heat to medium and fry the fish.
- Cover the lid and fry it for about 5-7 mins. Turn the fish on the other side and continue frying it for about 5-7 mins more.
- Remove it when the fish turns into golden brown.
Enjoy Pomfret Fry as an appetizer with raw onion. It took about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 3 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel