It is a simple and tasty snack which you can prepare quickly and enjoy with whole family or with your guests. Not to mention it is best enjoyed during rainy season with muri or puffud rice.
Serving Size: 4-5 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 3 medium size Onion and cut into lengthwise
- 1 cup of Besan or Bengal gram flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- Few green Chillies finely chopped
- White oil and
- Salt to taste
- First roast the coriander seeds on low heat for couple of mins. Stir it occasionally and then remove it.
- Now mix the besan with the onion. Do not add water.
- Then add baking soda, salt, chopped green chillies and roasted coriander seeds and then mix everything well.
- Now heat white oil for frying the pakoras. Add at least an inch of oil for frying. Take little bit of mixture and deep into the oil to see if oild is hot.
- On medium heat fry the pakoras for about 2-3 mins on each side until it is light golden brown.
Enjoy Piyaji or Onion Pakora as a snacks along with puffed rice or muri and also don’t forget to sprinkle little bit of black salt on the pakoras for added taste. It took me about 30 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 4-5 people.