Chirer Polao – Poha Pulao
This is a quick recipe. Chirer Polao is usually served as breakfast in India.
Serving Size: 2
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
- 200 gms thick Rice flaks /Poha / chire.
- 1 potato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Peanuts raw or roasted
- 2 green chilly
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ghee or clarified butter
- White Oil
- Cut Potato, Onion, and Carrot into small pieces.
- Heat the oil then fry the peanut and keep aside.
- In the same pan fry the potatoes. Take it out of the pan when done.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies.
- Add carrots and fry it until it is tender.
- Add water into the rice flakes and drain the water completely. Repeat this procedure for 2-3 times.
- Add green peas and cook it until it is done.
- Add the fried potatoes and peanuts.
- Add salt and stir.
- Now add soaked chire and mix well.
- Add sugar, ghee and grounded pepper and mix well.
- Chirer polao is now done.
Serve it as breakfast or snacks. It took about 20 mins to prepare this recipe and serves 2 people.
If you enjoyed this post, consider leaving a comment and subscribe to my YouTube Channel