In this preparation Eggplant or Brinjal are sliced and coated with chick pea batter and then deep fried until it is crispy. It’s a perfect rainy day snack enjoyed with Muri or Puffed Rice. It is also goes well as a side dish with Rice and Dal or Khichuri.
Serving Size: 2-3 people
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 2 Purple medium size Brinjal or Eggplant cut into lengthwise or round shape soaked into water
- One and half cup of Besan
- 1 tsp Black Cumin
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Posto
- Half tsp Baking soda
- White oil
- Salt to taste
- First sprinkle little bit of salt and turmeric powder and then season the eggplant.
- Now make the batter: Besan, baking soda, black cumin, poppy seeds, red chilly powder, salt and water. Mix it well.
- Heat white oil for deep frying. When oil is hot reduce the heat before frying. Then add one by one and fry it until it is golden brown. When fried remove it.
Beguni is now ready. Sprinkle little bit of black salt on it for taste. It is generally served with puffed rice and green chillies. It took me about half an hr to prepare this batter fried brinjal and serves 2-3 people.